VAT and Tax-Free
The Tax Free service allows citizens of foreign countries to claim a refund of the VAT paid on goods purchased in Georgia.
To be eligible for the VAT refund:
- foreign nationals must have purchased the goods from a store authorized to issue a special VAT refund receipt, and the goods must be intended for export;
- The purchase price must exceed 200 GEL (excluding VAT) according to one receipt, and
the goods must be removed no later than three months after purchase;
- Special VAT refund receipts must be presented, and the goods must be fully exported from Georgia;
- Goods must be placed in a special sealed bag, except for identifiable goods;
- It is important to maintain the integrity of the seal;
For more information, please visit the website: https://rs.ge/PersonsCustomsFAQ-en?cat=12&tab=1.